Improving the eco-efficiency of People Flow® solutions
Eco-efficient elevator solutions
- Elevators equipped with the energy-efficient KONE EcoDisc® hoisting machine are 50–70 percent more efficient than elevators that use conventional traction 2-speed or hydraulic technology. Unlike hydraulic elevators, the KONE EcoDisc® requires no oil or hole drilling.
- KONE’s regenerative solutions can provide energy savings of 20–35 percent by recovering the energy that is released when the elevator is used.
- LED and eco-efficient fluorescent lighting can reduce energy consumption by up to 80 percent compared to halogen lighting. Standby solutions power down the equipment when it is not in use, providing substantial energy savings, especially in buildings with periods of low elevator usage.
- The KONE Polaris™ destination control system optimizes elevator traffic, making it possible to reduce both the size and the number of elevators needed in a building.
Eco-efficient escalator solutions
- The lubrication-free step chain saves oil, reduces chain wear, and decreases fire risk.
- Eco-efficient operation can cut energy consumption by up to 50 percent by slowing down or stopping the escalator when it is not in use or increasing the efficiency of the motor when traffic volumes are low.
- Regenerative solutions reduce energy consumption by up to 60 percent by recovering the energy that is released when the escalator is used. LED lighting consumes up to 80 percent less energy compared to conventional lighting technologies.
- The KONE EcoMod™ solution enables an escalator to be modernized without removing the truss, saving both construction time and materials.
Eco-efficient automatic building doors solutions
- KONE’s energy-efficient sliding door solution regulates the door’s opening width and opening time based on the outside temperature, enabling savings of up to 4,000 kWh per year in building heating and cooling costs.
Read more about our Regenerative solutions »