Our commitment to the society is an integral part of our value system. CSR initiatives at KONE India involve various efforts in which we engage ourselves to give something back to the society. Our initiatives aim at the betterment of the community through measures that will bring in sustainable development and growth of its inhabitants.
The scope of the CSR activities of the Company will cover the following areas but not limited to the same and may extend to other specific projects/ programs as permitted under the law from time to time.
1. Promoting health care including preventive healthcare and sanitation.
2. Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children
3. Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agro forestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water;
4. Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government
5. Contribution/Financial Assistance
6. Rural development projects
The board of directors of KONE Elevator India Private Limited have formed a Corporate Social Responsibility Committee (the “CSR Committee”) in line with section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 (the “Act”)
The CSR Committee to, inter alia, carry out the following functions;
a) To formulate and recommend to the Board, a Corporate Social Responsibility Policy which shall indicate the activities to be undertaken by the Company as specified in Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 and the rules made thereunder.
b) To recommend the amount of expenditure to be incurred on the CSR activities.
c) To monitor the implementation of framework of CSR Policy.
d) To carry out any other function as mandated by the Board from time to time and / or enforced by any statutory notification, amendment or modification, as may be applicable, necessary or appropriate for performance of its duties.
CSR activities at KONE shall be carried through
1. Directly by the company for fulfilling its responsibilities towards various stakeholders.
2. Collaboration with other companies undertaking projects / programs in CSR activities.
3. Contribution / donation made to such other Organizations / Institutions as may be permitted under the applicable laws from time to time.
The time period/duration of each project/programs shall depend on its nature, extend of coverage and intended impact of such activity.CSR Spending / Sources of funding
The allocation of the fund shall be as per the sanction by the Board of Directors based on the annual budget.
Monitoring and Reporting
The CSR Officer of the Company will coordinate / review the implementation of CSR activities at various areas and report to the Board through the CSR Committee. The CSR Committee shall meet at least once in a year to monitor the implementation of CSR Plan and its activities.