Whether it's a complete upgrade or partial upgrade, KONE offers safety enhancements for your escalators.
- KONE EcoStart™ energy performance control saves up to 40% in energy costs, extends motor life, and provides a smooth start.
- KONE Avert™ skirt deflector brushes encourage safe escalator use by providing a subtle indicator to passengers riding near the step’s edge.
- Escalator step/skirt performance index - The latest ASME code specifies a new standard for new and existing escalators. Your KONE representative can assess your escalators and work with you to achieve code compliance.
Various important safety code requirements have been added in recent years, including:
- Missing Step Device - Designed to detect a missing step. When a missing step is detected, power to the motor is turned off and the brake is activated to stop the escalator.
- Step Level Device - Designed to detect a step that is about to enter the comb area at a "lower elevation" than the combplate. If a "low step" is detected, the escalator motor power is interrupted and the brake is activated to stop the escalator.
- Comb Impact Device - Designed to detect combplate movement in either the horizontal or vertical direction. When activated, this device is designed to shut the motor power off and activate the brake.